CALL FOR PAPERS
Twelfth International Conference on Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, Data Mining & Granular Computing RSFDGrC 2009
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
December 16-18, 2009
Co-organized with the Third International Conference on Pattern Recognition & Machine Intelligence PReMI 2009
Rough Sets, Fuzzy Sets, Data Mining & Granular Computing (RSFDGrC) is the series of international scientific conferences spanning over last 15 years. RSFDGrC investigates the meeting points among the four major areas outlined in its title, with respect to foundations and applications. In 2009, RSFDGrC is co-organized with the Third International Conference on Pattern Recognition & Machine Intelligence (PReMI) that provides additional means for multi-faceted interaction of both scientists and practitioners.
RSFDGrC 2009 is the core component of a broader Rough Set Year in India (RSIndia09) initiative that encourages organizing rough set-related academic workshops in various regions of India. On the other hand, RSFDGrC 2009 remains the fully international event aimed at building bridges between different groups and countries, including India, China, Japan, Poland, Canada, USA, Egypt and many others.
1. Foundations & Applications of Rough Sets
2. Foundations & Applications of Fuzzy Sets
3. Data Mining & Knowledge Discovery in Databases
4. Foundations & Applications of Granular Computing
5. Rough Set Components in Hybrid Intelligent Systems
6. Decision Support & Decision Making Methodologies
7. Foundations & Applications of Approximate Reasoning
8. Soft Computing & Other Current Trends in Computing
9. Knowledge Technology & Knowledge Representation
10. Information Retrieval & Domain-Specific Data Analysis
11. Incomplete, Uncertain, Many-Attribute-Few-Objects Data
12. Other detailed topics related to Foundations / Applications
Submissions should be eight pages long in Springer LNCS style. Accepted and registered papers will be included in the Springer LNAI proceedings available at the conference. Expanded versions of selected papers will be invited to special issues of international journals or to the post-conference book related to the RSIndia09 initiative. Author(s) of the best paper will receive the award sponsored by Springer.
RSFDGrC 2009 will be held in the Indian Institute of Technology campus in Delhi. The organizers will provide participants with help and advice regarding accessing the campus and all the places of interest.
Full paper submission: July 20, 2009
Paper acceptance / rejection notification: August 10, 2009
Camera ready submission and registration: August 31, 2009
Honorary Chair: L.A. Zadeh, UC Berkeley, USA
General Chair: S.K. Pal, ISI Calcutta, India
M.K. Chakraborty, U of Calcutta, India
A.E. Hassanien, U of Cairo, Egypt
H. Sakai, KIT, Japan
W. Zhu, UESTC, China
S. Chaudhury, IIT Delhi, India